|Folder||Correspondence re queries from outside persons.
1) From Mrs. S. Slater re Brown family.
2) From J. LeC. Smith re lead pump head in Ockbrook.
3) Letter from B.M. Grainger re Mystery Implement.
4) Letter from R….. C…. re construction of horse gin.
|Photocopy||Sources of Building Stone for use in Derbyshire. Published by Derbyshire County Council.|
|Folder||Miscellaneous Documents re mines in the Staffordshire Peak District
1) Photograph(?) of abridged prospectus for The Ecton Company Limited in ‘The Mining Journal’ 3 November 1883
2) Reproduction of ‘A Description of the famous Copper Mine at Ecton Hill’ by W. Efford in ‘The Gentleman’s Magazine’ February 1769
3) Offprint of ‘Ribden Mine’ by D.I. Gill from the ‘Eldon Pothole Club Journal’ Vol. 7 No. 1 pp68-72 1966
4) Photocopies and covering letter regarding winding engine at Ecton Mine. From Birmingham Library to F. Ferguson.
5) Transcript of an article entitled ‘The Metalliferous Saddles of North Staffordshire’ by J.C. Ferguson.
6) Unbound copy of ‘The Ecton Copper Mines, Staffordshire’ by Nellie Kirkham and Trevor D. Ford – PDMHS Special Publication No. 1 (See main Library Index)
7) ‘A Survey of the Bincliffe, Oversetts and Highfields Mines, Wetton, Staffordshire’ by T. Middleton. Written up as part of the Mine Registry programme of the mid 1970s.
8) Transcript of an article about Dale Mine, Warslow, from ‘The Mining and Smelting Magazine’ Vol. 1 Jan./June 1862.
|Photocopy||(Two off) Share Certificate of the Ecton Mountain Mining Company –December 1851.|
|Photocopy(?)||Prospectus for ‘The Ecton, Clayton, and Waterbank Mining Company Limited’ – Manchester May 1868|
|Transcription||Transcription of a letter dated 1780 describing Ecton Mines together with covering letter from M.J. Hanson of Carshalton.|
|Printout||Aerial Photograph extracted from Google Earth in 2010 with the range of Odin Vein marked on it.|
|Pamphlet||‘The Designation of Metal Mines in the Peak District as Scheduled Ancient Monuments’ by John Barnatt c2000. (Two copies).|
|Leaflet||‘Visit Peak Cavern, Castleton’.|
|Folder||Extracts from PDMHS Logbook 1974/5 – Details visits to various mines both in Derbyshire and elsewhere.|
|Photocopy||Undated plan (with transcriptions) showing a smelting mill and the River Derwent.|
|Folder||Notes on the Northern Pennines found in H.M. Parker’s copy of ‘Two Centuries of Industrial Welfare’ by A. Raistrick.|
|Folder||Miscellaneous photocopies and notes – may have been collected by K. Wood.|
|Photocopy||First page of the ‘Deed of Settlement of the Burgoyne Mining Company’ 23 April 1839. No provenance.|
|Transcription||‘Mawstone Mine Disaster’ from ‘The Derbyshire Times’ Saturday 4 June 1932.|
|Notes||Notes on lead marks and lead ingots (no name attached but almostcertainly by L. Willies)|
|Envelope||Photocopies of correspondence between Edwin Glossop of Ambergate and Eric Godbehere of Manchester re trials for lead at Brassington – 1935|
|Printed Page||Page removed from a publication by Derbyshire Stone(?) showing wooden water pump recovered from Riber Mine, Matlock.|
|Printed Page||Page removed from a publication by Derbyshire Stone(?) showing executives.|
|Document||‘Mine Registry Notes for the Thorpe Pasture area. Map XXXVIII 5’.|
|Document||Draft 3 of ‘A Management Plan for the Caves and Mines of Masson Hill’ by David Webb (see also Library Catalogue).|
|Folder||Leaflets relating to coal mining produced by the NCB and British Coal.|
|Leaflet||‘Hazards, Resources and Earth Heritage Conservation in the Peak District National Park’ published by the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions.|
|Folder||Miscellaneous papers relating to Holme Bank Chert Mine, Bakewell.|
|Folder||Notes relating to Ashover Fluorspar Mining collected by A.E. Marsh.|
|Folder||Miscellaneous papers relating to the NAMHO Conference held at the Mining Museum May 31 to June 3 1985 (collected by H.M. Parker)|