There were reports of problems with email to addresses at pdmhs.com being rejected in recent days.
We believe the issue has been resolved but if an email you sent any time over the last 2 weeks has not elicited the expected response please re-send it. If you receive any kind of error message please let us know using an alternative channel of communication, see the contact page.
The July newsletter is now available in the Members area of the website.
Please note that due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not be able to email this out as usual – please see page 12.
All members will receive the paper newsletter, including those who have opted for the e-newsletter only. We hope that things will be back to normal for the October newsletter.
26 April 2020: We have just heard the sad news that Steve Thompson died a few days ago. He will be very much missed as one of the mainstays of PDMHS, as a friend and for his enthusiasm. Steve has been a very long term member of PDMHS and for many years has also been the Company Secretary as well as constructing newsletters and the PDMHS Bulletin. We are putting together an obituary with memories of Steve – if you would like to contribute anything please email Adam at email@example.com
Please note that due to Covid-19 the following Events and Meets have been POSTPONED until further notice:
- All Talks and Exhibitions at the Peak District Lead Mining Museum.
- The East Midlands Industrial Archaeology Conference (EMIAC) on Saturday the 2nd of May 2020.
- The Underground Exploration Group (UEG) Underground Trip to Merry Tom Mine, Via Gellia on Tuesday the 28th of April 2020.
- The UEG Underground Trip to West Mine, Alderley Edge, on Saturday the 16th of May 2020.
- The Evening Walk to Bonsall Lees scheduled for Tuesday the 19th of May 2020 will not be going ahead and will be rescheduled for next year
- The planned UEG meets at Merlin Mine and Old Gells Spar Mine have been postponed and provisional dates for July/August are under consideration; details will be in the next Newsletter.
The team who distribute your Society publications have worked hard this week to get the latest Mining History and Newsletter to you, for three reasons:
- To avoid the postage increase of about 8% which is effective from Monday the 23rd of March.
- To effect distribution whilst we are still able to get about, and
- To provide you with some reading material during this difficult time!