The Society needs to keep personal information about its members to ensure the smooth running of the Society. This includes your name and address, and (if you have provided them) your telephone number(s) and e-mail address. We also keep a record of your subscription payments, including any Gift Aid donations.
We use this information:
- to check that your membership is up to date and remind you when renewal is due
- to distribute the Newsletter and Bulletin (Mining History)
- to keep you up to date with news of events and activities associated with the Society
- to claim recovery of Gift Aid payments from HMRC
To prevent members’ personal data being used for direct marketing, we do not disclose this information to any third parties, nor do we publish a membership list.
We do not collect or hold any information about a member’s racial or ethnic origin, their political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, health, sexual orientation or criminal record (information defined in the Data Protection Act as ‘sensitive personal data’).
We may from time to time collect the names of members and guests attending meetings and field trips
- for reasons of safety (to ensure everyone is accounted for at the end of a trip)
- to determine the popularity of events, and thus assist with planning our programme of future events.
Any member may request a copy of the information that the Society holds about him or her. Such requests should be made in writing to:
The Membership Secretary, Peak District Mining Museum, Grand Pavilion, Matlock Bath, Matlock, DE4 3NR. Please enclose a stamped, self addressed envelope to enable us to forward the information to you.