Access to some of the content on this website is only available to current paid-up members of PDMHS.
Login details are not the same as on the old site. The user name will be the email address you gave on your membership application or renewal. To get a password use the “forgot password” option on the login page, the password will be sent to your registered email address.
Some of the content in the members area can also be accessed at our library in the Peak District Lead Mining Museum at Matlock Bath. The museum shop carries stocks of many past issues of Mining History as well as a large range of other publications.
Members only content includes:
- Archive of our newsletters
- Sundry databases of information largely but not exclusively relating to lead mining in the Peak District. These include copies of the databases in the public area but with extended search and export capabilities.
- An index of the Observations and Discoveries section of the newsletter linking to location maps for sites referenced.
- Various more technical documents for which the value is greatest for specialist PDMHS members rather than a more general readership or for reasons including copyright issues
- Additional items – restricted to members only, access being one of the benefits of membership
- We may in future add sundry materials relating to administration of the society such as AGM reports and minutes.
Special acquisitions fund
From time to time we become aware of important Peak District Mining History documents becoming available for purchase by private sale or through auction. Some members wish to help fund these often costly items. Read more here.