Who we are
PDMHS (PEAK DISTRICT MINES HISTORICAL SOCIETY) is a membership organisation which exists to preserve and promote interest in the mining history of the Derbyshire Peak District and surrounding areas. It is UK registered charity number 504662.
Our website address is: https://pdmhs.co.uk, further information can be found on our web site or by contacting us using the contact page.
What data we collect and why we collect it
Cookies are small files stored by your web browser software and are used to keep a note on your computer of some of your settings and activities when you visit a web site. Your web browser program will include the ability to prevent cookies being stored and to delete any that have been stored. Disabling all cookies is likely to result in web sites not working as intended.
- To store some information about your current visit to the web site for use by the WordPress software in order to improve your experience. For example without setting a cookie a logged in PDMHS member would be logged out on leaving a page and would need to log in again to view any other “members only” page.
- Collection of statistical data, e.g. that there has been a visit to this web site from the computer you are currently using. This data does not identify the user only the computer. The data may be shared with services to aggregate that data into statistical reports to help us see how the site is being used with a view to future improvements.
All web sites maintain log files of visitor activity in order to help address any technical issues that may arise. The log files do not identify the user. The information stored is about the computer, the software being used, time stamps and the web site assets that have been accessed.
Any information you provide to us will be stored in order to respond to it.
If you are a member of PDMHS then we need to retain the identifying information you provide in order to deliver the services your membership entitles you to.
- Information will be stored securely and only shared with any third party with your explicit agreement.
- The information will only be used for the purposes explained above or by agreement with you.
- You have a right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, to have corrections and updates made or for it to be deleted. Such requests will be acted upon unless legal or legislative requirements require otherwise.